September 29, 2017
Posted by on
The Bible and the Quran agree on many things. So you might expect them to agree about homosexuality as well. And they do. Both condemn it. But which is more anti-gay?
There are only eight passages in the Quran that deal with homosexuality, and they all refer to the same story: the story of Sodom, in which the men of the city desired to have sex with Lot’s male visitors, whereupon Lot (Allah’s “righteous slave”) offered them his daughters instead.
- And Lot! (Remember) when he said unto his folk: Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you? Lo! ye come with lust unto men instead of women. Nay, but ye are wanton folk. 7:80-81
- And when Our messengers came unto Lot, he was distressed and knew not how to protect them. He said: This is a distressful day. And his people came unto him, running towards him – and before then they used to commit abominations – He said: O my people! Here are my daughters! They are purer for you. Beware of Allah, and degrade me not in (the person of) my guests. Is there not among you any upright man? 11:77-78
- And when the messengers came unto the family of Lot … He said: Lo! they are my guests. Affront me not! … He said: Here are my daughters, if ye must be doing (so). 15:61-71
- We rescued him and Lot (and brought them) to the land which We have blessed for (all) peoples. … Lot we gave judgment and knowledge, and We delivered him from the community that did abominations. Lo! they were folk of evil, lewd. And We brought him in unto Our mercy. Lo! he was of the righteous. 21:71-75
- What! Of all creatures do ye come unto the males, And leave the wives your Lord created for you? Nay, but ye are froward folk. 26:165-166
- And Lot! when he said unto his folk: Will ye commit abominationknowingly? Must ye needs lust after men instead of women? Nay, but ye are folk who act senselessly. 27:54-55
- Lot … is among the righteous … (Remember) when he said unto his folk: Lo! ye commit lewdness such as no creature did before you. For come ye not in unto males. 29:26-29
- Noah and … Lot, who were … two of Our righteous slaves. 66:10
Read more of this post